Empowerment of Roma Women for Roma Children Education
- Opportunity and Protection Association, Bulgaria
- European Roma Information Office (ERIO), Belgium
- Tulip Foundation, Bulgaria
- New Bulgarian University Know-how Centre for Alternative Childcare, Bulgaria
- Gavroche” Association, Bulgaria
Objectives of the project
- To encourage the empowerment of Roma women to support the education of Roma children.
- To promote good practices in Roma integration in the area of education on national and EU level.
- To foster interaction between education, child protection and other relevant institutions, and Roma community to coordinate their activities related to education of Roma children.
- Development of an Educational package for Family Group Conferences (FGC) and “School for parents”;
- Organisation of 3 workshops in Varna, Kyustendil and Haskovo to promote the benefits of the two models for family support and create a supportive environment for their application;
- Training of 51 professionals, working with children for imdependent coordinators of FGCs and trainers in School for parents;
- Conducting 30 Family Group Conferences to involve Roma women in solving educational problems of their children and to improve their interaction with the representatives of schools;
- Organizing 30 “Schools for parents” aimed at enhancing the skills of Roma women to support the education of their children;
- Community work with 450 representatives of Roma community – consultations, meetings, discussions – to raise their awareness of the benefits of education for the future development of the children;
- Dissemination of project results on national and European level – a national conference, final conference in Brussels, website, a project brochure;
- Impact assessment of project activities.
Period of implementation: September 2018 – August 2020
Budget: 182 109.72 Euro